Monday, June 16, 2008

You Can Quote Me

It was bound to happen. One week and nearly 80 witty intellectuals could only add up to great quotes comparing journalism to everything from jewelery to sex.
Here are some of my favorites, feel free to add your own:

Chris Harper:
  • Got to circulate to percolate.
  • The first casualty of war is truth.
  • Why not give war a chance?
  • Be great at one skill. Good at 2. OK at 2-3.
Fazil Mihlar:
  • Don't think each of your words is a little baby.
  • In Canada, bank bashing is more popular than hockey.
  • Our first job is to gather the news.
Carolyn Lochhead:
  • I was on this jihad against farmers.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if I lost my job in a few years.
  • The whole city [D.C.] is a spin cycle. They are PR people. There aren't real people.
  • 90% is showing up.
  • We all make mistakes. It's a lot of fun.
Kevin Williamson:
  • Know something big. Do something big.
  • If I had hair, I'd pull it out.
  • You aren't asking people for their money, you're asking them for their time.
  • All great businesses got started in bars or garages.
  • Trade-offs are a lot less worse than they used to be.
  • You still get to kick people in the shins in that job, which can be a lot of fun.
  • I started in a bar and ended in a bar...story of my life.
  • That's a novel interpretation. (Great euphemism for "Wrong!")
  • Kevin: "With all the things you'll be learning--Flash, Adobe Premiere..." Student: "Paint?" Kevin: "...um, yeah. You've got to have something to say."
Avery Rome:
  • Hold it [your story] up like a beautiful jewel until you find the right angle to view it.
Kristy:
  • Guns don't kill people. Norwegians kill people by making them fly.
  • I saw a window on the 2nd floor open. Eek!
  • Good news is like bad sex: hard and fast.


  • Man, I think I Cheneyed last night.
  • Mario theme music.
  • Three-year-old Gropes Mother, Serves 10 Years.
  • What, Mario's got William's tooth-sneeze disease?
  • Ben: Ecstasy is the heroin of drugs. Kristy: Isn't heroin the heroin of drugs?
  • Transitive Property of Noam Chomsky: Marx = Neo, Neo = Keanu Reeves, therefore, Marx = Keanu Reeves.
Mario:
  • I'm not praising dictatorships...unless I am the dictator.
John Elliott:
  • Was I intimidated by Kevin? Well, I admit he is smarter, better looking, and he's bald, so...no."
William Rinehart:
  • Am I crazy here, or isn't it impossible to have an anarchist group?
Andrew:
  • Ben's a smart drunk. He still quotes philosophy!

Miscellaneous:
  • Headline: Great Tits Might Confirm Theory of Evolution.
  • Headline: Pandas having trouble mating: Zookeepers take over.
  • Sleep Less, Drink More.
  • Drive-by media

1 comment:

K-Rock said...

Just thought of another one while watching this new comic on Leno.

"No hablo inglés." -Mario