Thursday, July 03, 2008

Fourth of July

I got a bison burger yesterday and it had an American flag toothpick holding it together. Inspired by this clear display of patriotism, could everyone make an effort to snap some pictures of their holiday festivities (parades, fireworks, bbq's, trouble-making, etc.) and post them along with blurbs about their day?

Let's share how independence is celebrated around the country in all its lavish glory.

I will do my best to capture the essence of the Fourth in a small 'burb outside of Chicago.

I just came across this as well. It makes Mt. Rushmore look pathetic. I get a lactose-induced headache just looking at this. Why is patriotism so painful?
NEW YORK (Reuters) - A sculpture of the signing of the Declaration of Independence made from a one-tonne block of cheddar cheese glistened on the sidewalk of Times Square in New York on Thursday as an artist's tribute to the Fourth of July.
Who brought the Ritz?

No comments: